Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Scale

I am no longer going to weigh myself.

In the past week, I have had 5 different scales tell me 5 different weights. Here they are:
The "doctor scale" at the gym: 199
The fancy digital scale: 198
Wii Fit Scale: 194
My bathroom scale: 192.5
Old-school gym scale 1st time: 186
Old-school gym scale 2nd time: 190
As you might understand, I am beyond frustrated.  I have gone down one jeans size in the past month, lost 1.5 inches from my waist, lost my double-chin, gained a little bit of a visible muscle in my arm and thigh, have a flatter stomach, and I feel fantastic.  Those things are what matter! Getting upset and confused over my weight on a scale is just not  healthy for me.

Feeling like I have been working so hard for no weight loss is a baaaaad feeling, but I HAVE LOST where it matters most - smaller clothes, smaller measurements! Those count.

I had a minor pity-party last night, but that is over.  Thank you to my mom, my dad, my husband, and my sister for encouraging me - I needed it. =) <3

From now on, I am going to judge my weight-loss in clothing sizes and measurements.  I will weigh in for the challenge I am doing at the gym, when I am required to. =)

I also edited my previous post on goals/rewards to reflect these changes.  My goals are no longer based upon my weight - they are based upon physical measurements and pants sizes.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I stick to one scale and only weigh myself at the same time in the same condition (with or without clothes and usually first thing in the morning. I tend to get obsessive over the scale so I only weigh myself once every two weeks!

    ReplyDelete