Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Wii Fit Scale Is Mean.

ONEDERLAND!

I don't even really know what else to say.

I believed I was in a horrible 6 week long plateau.  Well, you read my post a couple days ago.  I have been very, very unmotivated and discouraged.

Well, today I got weighed and got my body fat % done - this also gave me a bmi number.

190.  30.something bmi.

I don't remember my body fat % because I was kinda in shock, and trying not to act like a complete idiot in front of my Zumba instructor.  All I wanted to do was start jumping up and down and screaming and dancing around! Maybe I should have just done all those things, anyway. ;-)

I came home after class and researched a bit.  See, the little machine that measures the body fat just does that % and a bmi - it doesn't weigh you.  SO, when I go to bmi charts like this one, it says a person who is 5'6 (me) and has a 30ish bmi should weigh around 190 pounds.  So, maybe the scale at the gym was right.  Maybe?

THEN, I read that the wii fit board should never be used on carpet, should have it's leg extenders installed, and should never be stored leaning against a wall.  Welp, I do ALL of those things wrong.  So, my wii scale is null.  Useless. It has been lying to me for 6 weeks.



In 11 months, I have lost 45 pounds.  I can't really grasp that, yet. My HUGE goal is only 40 pounds away.  That just seems crazy.  I no longer weigh 100 pounds more than my husband. My bmi is almost out of the 'obese' range.  I lost 45 pounds.

I am SO excited to keep going, and for the new challenge I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment