Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm a Slacker

Well, not in the real world - just the blog world.  I have been so extremely busy lately that I just forgot about this little blog! Honest. So, I figured I would catch you guys up on everything weight-loss related.

The last time I updated, I was elated about hitting the 190 mark.  Since then, I gained about 3 pounds over Christmas, but lost it back after Christmas.


This picture is me, Josh, and my best friend, Katie about 2 days before Christmas.  I was about 190 here.  This was a "goal dress" from college that I was super excited to be able to wear again!

I weighed in on Friday morning at 188.

About two weeks ago, I finally got over my dressing room fear and went shopping for jeans.  I bought 2 pairs of size 14 at Old Navy, and a few size large tops. I haven't worn a size 14 since my freshman year in college, ahem, errrr ... 7 years ago.

It's kinda weird though, because, when I am in the store, I automatically go to the size 16/18 pants and XL/XXL tops.  I even pick them up and take them to the dressing room because I just know the smaller sizes won't fit me.  It has taken my mother giving me a stern talking to about my "new" body to make me buy smaller clothes.  I always thought that I would be so happy to buy smaller sizes, but it really is an adjustment.  I am so used to being bigger that I don't really know how to dress my body anymore. I guess these things take time. It is kind of amazing the change that good-fitting clothes have on a body, though.  I can actually tell I'm smaller in my new jeans.  Thanks, Mom, for that! <3

I still avoid all mirrors at the gym - I stand in the same place during Zumba class, every time, because I can't see myself in the mirror from my spot (I know, I'm a little weird).  The mirrors everywhere freak me out - why do they do that? ;-)

My routine lately consists of Zumba 4-5 times a week, and I am adding in strength training.  I had my first real personal training session on Friday morning, and I have 4 more to go - I am SO excited to see how this effects my weight loss.  I actually enjoyed my session a lot - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I felt really accomplished and strong when I finished.  I may learn to enjoy it, eventually.

I am starting to really be able to tell a difference in my fitness levels - Zumba doesn't kill me, I can carry Paul up and down the stairs multiple times before my legs burn or I get out of breath, I can run a little bit, and I just have more energy all the way around.  I just feel so much better!


Never, ever.

I am going to do better about updating here.  Promise. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment