Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Gym and Zumba!

I joined Gold's Gym in Destin on Thursday!  Upon joining, the gym gives you a free fitness consultation - they use this fancy-schmancy computer thing where you get a digital image of yourself in a before/after setting.  It was pretty cool to see.  They are pretty pushy about signing up for a personal trainer - that just isn't what I want right now, plus it just isn't in the budget.  Those trainers are expensive!

I do have a free appointment on Monday with a personal trainer.  I asked for a girl trainer ... turns out I got a guy trainer.  Nothing against you guys out there, but this chick would rather work-out with another chick.  I'm not sure if I am going to keep the appointment or not - what do ya'll think?

Here is part of the email that the fancy-schmancy program sent me - really cool!



The computer program told me that if I stick to a healthy diet, do cardio 6 days a week, and resistance training  3 days a week, that I could lose 50 pounds by April!  APRIL.  6 days in the gym every week is not going to always be possible for me, though.

I think my plan is to do a cardio class like Zumba or Spinning at least 3 times a week and resistance training 2 times a week - we'll see how that goes.

This morning was my first Zumba class!


It was SO much fun!  It totally kicked my rear! I almost didn't make it to the end!  BUT, I finished the whole hour, and I made a gym-buddy - it was a fantastic experience and I am totally going back all the time!

According to ZumbaCalories.com, I burned 899 calories in my one-hour Zumba work-out!  GET OUT! That's freakin' amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment