Sunday, November 6, 2011

Frosty Glo Cakes My Way + Weigh In

I found this really great recipe on Pinterest (surprise!).  It is from a blog called Oh She Glows - the same blog that first inspired me to try a Green Monster!



I made lots of changes to the recipe to suit my (and my toddler's) taste.  You can tell from the picture above that he loved them - they turned out super great!



Frosty Glo Cakes, Jessica's Way:
2 mashed bananas
1 cup of oats
1 cup crunchy cereal (I used The Fresh Market's Live Crunchy Cereal)
2 tbsp. cocoa (I used extra dark)
2 tbsp. wheat germ
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp molasses
1 drizzle of honey
2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I use JIF)
Method:
Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl, then add in the dry ingredients.  Stir until completely combined.  Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake papers.  Drop by the heaping tablespoon full in to each cupcake well.  Press the mixture into the bottom, until it feels firm (it will fill up about half the cupcake well).  Pop the pan in the freezer for at least an hour.  Enjoy!


Most people would eat normally - not my Paulie!  It was pretty funny to watch him eat this.  =)

The glo cakes feel like a special treat, but they really are pretty healthy for you.  They are really filling, too!  I am pretty pumped to have one for breakfast tomorrow.


This morning, I had my usual Sunday weigh-in.  I lost 1.5 pounds (since Wednesday)!

Here are the stats:
Week 1: 218.8
Week 2: 216
Week 3: 213.1
Week 4: 211.1
Week 5: 210.9
Week 6: Skipped
Week 7: 208 - 10% goal at 210.5
Week 8: 208.7 - gain

Week 9: 206.5

Week 10: 206

Week 11: 204.9
Week 12: 205.5
Week 13: 204 - First Week on New Plan
Total Loss Since December 2010: 30.5 pounds



I guess the new plan is working!  I am SO SORE today from working out yesterday, but I am so excited for Zumba tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Your little guy is really enjoying those cakes. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete