Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Change.

I am saying goodbye to Weight Watchers.  It has been a long, hard, friendship, but it is no longer the healthiest choice for me.

In 10  months on Weight Watchers, I have lost 28.5 pounds. I am so PROUD of those 28.5 pounds, but I really feel like it could have been so much more.  If only I had exercised. If only I hadn't gotten burnt out for 3 months in the middle.  Welp, it is what it is and the "if only" isn't.  Moving FORWARD!


Last night, like a sign, my friend Whitney messaged me on Facebook, and we started talking about being accountability partners on a new weight loss/get fit plan.  I had been thinking about stopping Weight Watchers because I was so burnt out and bored,  but I didn't want to stop trying all together - I needed something new!

We are going to starting the Couch To 5K training program tomorrow!  Our big goal is to run the Seaside 5K in March! I KNOW we can do it, together.  Running a 5K is on my 30 Before 30 List (over there -->), so I am super pumped to do it.

We are also going to share Start and Finish dates for the whole idea.  Here is my set of goals for the 6 month period:
Starting Date: November 1, 2011
Ending Date: May 1, 2012
Monthly Goal: -7.5 pounds
Total Lost Goal: -45 pounds
Beginning Weight: 205 pounds
Finishing Weight: 160 pounds  
Instead of counting points, I am going to do a few lifestyle changes per month and focus on being the healthiest I can be.  I think it will be totally liberating to depend on myself and my knowledge - not a points counter on my desktop.  To trust myself and what I know is healthy for my body.  The thing with Weight Watchers is that I had the ability to trick myself - to tell myself it was okay to have ice cream every night because I had "points left".  Well, the reason I had points left was because I didn't eat enough healthy food during the day.  I did this often.  Very often.

I don't need to play tricks with a points counter - I need to be straight up and honest with MYSELF.   I have done so much research, so much reading ... I know how to eat and what to do.  I just have to do it.

Healthy Changes for November:
No Soda - Water, Coffee, Unsweetened Tea ONLY!
Drink a Green Monster Every Day (not hard, I adore the things!)
Exercise at least 3 times per week
No Fried Food. No White Flour. Whole Wheat Only.  
I am going to live by this idea:

Click for larger size
I will still weigh myself and take measurements once a week - so that I have a reference.

I am SO excited for these new changes, and totally thrilled to have a partner in it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited. It's going to be great and so rewarding for us!

    ReplyDelete