Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weigh-In Day + Stonyfield FroYo

Well, of course this is the way it would go.

On the 1st Weigh-In post of my new, "public", blog, I must report a gain. {sigh}

Stats So Far:
Week 1: 218.8
Week 2: 216
Week 3: 213.1
Week 4: 211.1
Week 5: 210.9
Week 6: Skipped
Week 7: 208 - 10% goal at 210.5
Week 8: 208.7 - GAIN
Total Loss Since December 2010: 25.3 pounds

Alright, now that the reporting is done, lets think about why this could have happened.

  • Excessive indulgence on Monday, 9/26, as it was my birthday.  I ate a grand total of 65 points in one solitary day.  (my points allowance is 34.)  This outing used 31 of my 49 weekly flex points in one sitting, PLUS a lot of those points were wine and martinis - shoot me. I KNOW alcohol makes me hold on to weight. 
  • My body is very, super duper, crazy sensitive to estrogen changes, and I suffer from terrible hormonal swings and headaches - sometimes this can effect my weight loss efforts as well, I don't really know why.  I have been experiencing these symptoms for the last few days. I apologize if that is a little too much info, but, it is my blog, after all. ;-)
  • I did my very first 30 Day Shred workout yesterday, and I have read that, until my body gets used to it, it can make my muscles swell and that could stall weight loss.  I have no idea if this is true or not. 
All I can do is start today as a new day, and keep at it! Hopefully next week I can report happier numbers. I do have to admit that seeing the scale go up is pretty discouraging, no matter what the reason. 

Yesterday, at my local Publix, I found this ^. 

See, I can't be on any diet where I can not have ice cream sometimes (another reason why I love WW), so I am always on the look out for healthier versions.  Let me tell you, this one comes in at 3 P+ (one point lower than most other ice cream), is organic, only 100 calories per serving, and DELICIOUS!  It has a dark, creamy chocolate flavor that I really enjoyed.  

You should all try it.  It is 100% totally worth it! 

Yesterday, I followed my new routine pretty well, except I didn't get the yoga in last night.  We had plan switch-ups at my house that just kind of screwed everything up for no good reason.  Tonight, there will be yoga, promise. 

Jillian kicked my butt on Level 1, Day 1, of the Shred.  Tell me it will be worth it.  My body HURTS today.  

Is it safe to work out again while I'm still so sore from yesterday?  I need to find out before I do Day 2 in a little while.  Hmmm ...


No comments:

Post a Comment