Monday, October 17, 2011

2 Point Pumpkin Spice Muffins

I love this stuff -


No added sugar.  Lots of fiber.  No preservatives. Just pure, wonderful pumpkin! Baking with this pumpkin is one of my most favorite things about Fall.

I was hunting around on the web for this magical recipe I heard about - cake mix, pumpkin, and water.  I also heard it was only 2 points+ per muffin.  I found it here!

I didn't have spice cake mix, so I used white cake mix + 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice.  I did have to bake them for 25 minutes in my oven - I pulled one out at 20  minutes and it was still a bit gooey.

The end result was DELICIOUS.  The kiddo ate 2.5 of these things, and it's hard to get him to eat anything these days.  {Happy Mommy!}

I double checked the points value by putting the recipe in the Weight Watchers recipe builder - they are truly only 2 points per muffin!  WOOT!

Mine turned out like this


They aren't the prettiest muffin, but for the taste and low point value, I can over look that.  =)

You could easily throw in some blueberries, banana, apple sauce, or raisins - the possibilities are endless!  I can't wait to try a few versions (and to try it with the spice cake mix).

No comments:

Post a Comment